CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Rain!!!

Happy Birthday Rain!!! So I decided this year that I would have a water party for Rain's birthday and I got the idea in my head that I wanted a slip N slide. Well because it's already August and the summer is nearly over, I could not find a slip n slide ANYWHERE. I called probably 30 different stores and had NO luck. So I decided to get creative and started looking for anykind of plastic that would work. I found painters plastic that was 3 ft x 50 ft. I got two of them and got tent stakes and staked them together and to the ground. Our maintence man had made this make shift sprinkler for the kids in our apartments and it worked perfect to put right over the slip n slide. So with a little dawn dish soap, we had a sucessful slip n slide. The kids loved it and so did John and I. It was so much fun!!!
Next we attempted to play the Water balloon toss with a bunch of little kids who couldn't quite grasp the concept so after 5 minutes of trying to teach them, it ended in everyone digging in and just throwing water balloons instead. So 4 hours of filling up water balloons was wasted with 30 seconds of water balloon throwing. I guess I shouldn't have invited all the 10-12 year old boys. Oh well, it was still fun. And thanks to John, I got soaked too. Why does he insist on picking on me?
Here are her friends with their bratz headband on, yes I even made the boys put their's on for a picture. They loved it. I ended up with the entire neighborhood over here because they all love me so much and we were the hit of the day with the slip n slide.
Can't forget the Cupcakes and presents. And thanks to her older brother Daylon, she enjoyed a cupcake being smooshed in her face. Secretly she loved it and loved the attention she got from it. That's Rain for you. All in all it was a rockin party!!
And last but definatly not least, You can't forget the family time that we get whenever there is a birthday or get together. And David was very anxious to try his skills on being a dad to help Rain put together her Doctor set. Thanks family for coming.

1 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

just have to say IM SO SEXY!!! keep up the good pictures (of me) lol
-Dave-