CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Baseball and Another Boo-boo!!

Why is it, whenever I try to participate in things to have fun and to show my kids side, I wind up getting hurt. This time you really can't even see the mark, but it hurt so bad I actually cried.... for a long time. It all started with an innocent game of baseball with the kids and some friends. After Darin pitched himself some balls, it was time for Dustin to bat. He wanted me to pitch to him so I did. I had to scoot up closer because I couldn't throw far enough. Dustin warned me to duck out of the way after he hit the ball but it was too late. The ball came flying at me full speed and hit me right in the rib. I dropped to the ground because I couldn't breath because it knocked the wind out of me. By the time everyone rushed to my aid, I could finally breath but before I knew it, I was bawling like a baby in front of all these kids. Man did I feel stupid. So unfortunatly I sat the rest of the game out and just took pictures. There isn't hardly even a mark but I sure felt it this morning when I woke up. My rib is so sore whenever I move a certain way. Maybe I should just sit out from now on instead of trying to be younger then I really am.

3 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

sounds like me! remember the tennis incident!? i learned my lesson! and you guys embarassed yourselves in front of your dr haha

Tiana Johnson said...

Ha! You haven't seen crying until you've seen me with an injury. You'd feel pretty unashamed if I'd been there to cry next to you. I just got finished watching August Rush and cried like a baby through the whole thing. Sorry about the injury though. That stinks.

John-Maren Goodman said...

Ooooh sister I seriously feel your pain...I wouldn't be surprised if you broke it!! All I can say is a nice, wide aid bandage with a big ice pack. Wrap your ribs tight with the ice pack, and take some pain meds.! I really hope it's not hurting to bad when I see you on Tuesday! Love YOU