CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Poor Cat Gato is MIA

When I got our cat in May, I swore I would never allow it to be an outside cat. Darin felt the same. Cat's these days go missing so often, or they get hit by a car or other things so we decided it would remain an indoor cat. Well Gato had something else in mind. Everytime the door opened, he'd bolt out the door so fast we couldn't catch him. Well when he always returned home, we decided it was easier to just let him out then to deal with his constant meowing by the door. Well, it bit us in the butt. He has been missing since Friday November 7 and no one has seen him since. I honestly didn't think I'd be sad if something happened to him, but I think I'm affected worse then anyone else. I've put up signs, called animal control, knocked on every door around here with no luck at all. So we're not giving up hope, but for now, he is missing. :(

3 comments:

Cindi said...

:( I'm sorry you miss your cat and you're so sad! Hopefully you'll find it! Good luck!

Tiana Johnson said...

Bummer! My parents have a cat that's been indoors a handful of times in it's life only to be shooed outside, and it's still around 10 years later. I think animals are like people and want the forbidden fruit. Your cat probably felt like a kid who never got candy and then finally got a taste and went hog wild. He's probably out partying catching mice and scouting out the ladies, though he won't be of any use to them now and hopefully he'll come back when he gets it out of his system.
My cat was indoor/outdoor but is strictly outdoor after we couldn't handle a litter box anymore, and she's still around, but I wouldn't be surprised if her stay is short-lived since we live on a corner and she keeps getting in fights and getting cut up and she keeps taking on wandering dogs. You can have my devil kitten!!! Just kidding. I'm sorry about your loss though. I didn't think I'd miss Scout much if she disappeared, but once she got hit, I was crushed and cried for days and days. You don't realize how much they meant 'til they're gone.

John-Maren Goodman said...

I am the first one to know just first hand how lossing my a best friend(my cat shorty) feels. He was an indoor/outdoor cat. He was hit as well, you know this teresa cuz you took be bowling to try and take my mind of it. I never got over it! I tried replacing him several times but no other cat compared! I REALLY, REALLY hope he comes home sister! He is a unique cat and a great loss if he is gone for good! We love you GATO come Home!~