CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

For those who would rather lick stinky airpits then own a pit bull

For those of you who would rather lick stinky airpits instead of own a pitbull (you know who I'm talking about....Tiana) this is for you. If you don't know already, Pitbulls are Darin's favorite breed. They are known to be mean and vicious, but really it's all in how you train them. This pitbull has been Darin's for many years now. He used to rescue pitbulls after they had been trained to fight and sometimes kill. This dog's name is Lucky. When Darin moved to Utah, he left it with his son, but unfortunatly they were unable to keep it so Darin brought it back to Utah and we talked Maren and John into keeping it for him. Thanks so much to them. Anyway, he is really old and has really bad arthritis, but he has never hurt a human since Darin has owned him....only cat's and other dog's if they try to touch his food. Anyway, doesn't he look harmless, he really is. And this is our other dog Coco, that we also pawned off onto Maren and John. He's a palmoranian.

2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

Maybe stinky pits isn't quite right. I think I'd rather lick stinky, sweaty pits after a week of missed showers than own a pitbull. Ha ha ha! That's just my own personal opinion...but Hyrum and I both think pitbulls are stinkin' ugly. We don't expect everyone to agree with us. Probably most people don't. I'm sure lots of people think min pins are ugly. To each his own. But dang, pitbulls, to me, look like they've been fetching the ugly stick and their owners beat them over the head with it. My niece really likes them too, and I tell her she's crazy. It's all in fun. As a puppy, they're okay, but they grow up so malformed looking! I don't mean to offend Darin about pitbulls, especially Lucky, but come on, they've got a face only an owner could love. I don't think I could trust a dog that got mad at other animals if they try to touch his food because that's a classic sign of aggression, and on TV (Animal Precint I believe it was), the shelters won't adopt a dog out who shows aggression when it eats. I'm sure Lucky's a sweetheart though.

It's too bad that we've never gotten a chance to know Darin, and it's a bummer that the more we learn about him, the less we have in common with him! Oh well...but he makes you happy, and that's all that counts.

John-Maren Goodman said...

Okay, Okay you two. So Now I have to straighten a few things out since(even though Teresa & Darin would like to still claim my dogs) they have become (from the minute we took them) our dogs, because we have been buying there food, and giving them baths, and grooming, and love and all other esscentials for the last 2 & 1/5 yrs. There may be some bribery involved to get them Back~JK:) ANYWAY...To set the record straight..Lucky has never been agressive about his food as far as he's been with us. Only when our smaller dog Coco thinks the food belongs to him and growels first, does lucky make some noise..And noise is all that it is. But the boss in our Pack is our Little (think he's bigger than life) palm Coco. AND sorry Teresa & Darin I do agree that pits are not the prettiest breed out there. My very first impression of lucky was he was an ungly dog until I played with him and his personality came out. I have found (Believe it or not) A gorgeous Pit that is on our Block. He is a young one, but Has the most beautiful color and face (if you can believe it Tiana). He is a Papered and certified American pit but I swear he could have some Boxer in him. John on the other hands thinks pits are great looking dogs so... Anyway To each there own is right. I love my dog and I know it's all in the owner as to what your dog can become. Love you guys~! Hope you got it all out of your systems....Now Play(or Blog)Nice!~ ;>JK