CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boy Scout Camp - Day 1

For those of you who don't know yet, Me and Darin are the wolf/bear den leaders, which means I got to participate in the Boy's Scout Day Camp for Monday and Tuesday. It was a fun experience, thanks to my good company Rachel, the volunteer mom. Here are my boys scouts, thank goodness we only had 3 in our group. Easier to keep track of. Adam, Benton, Daylon, and fat ol me.Me and the volunteer mom Rachel Rachel got picked on to go down in front of everyone to do a skit. Lucky her. She's the one in the green shirt. The boy that picked volunteers was in our ward so he decided that he wanted to pick on our ward. Not nice Tom.The theme for the first day was "Jurassic Journey" this was one of there skits. What are you shooting at Daylon? Your supposed to be aiming at the tires. Naughty Boy!!!! Guess how many times I hit the target in slingshots? Yep, that's right...NONE! This was the funnest part. Archery. Daylon did pretty good for never shooting a real bow and arrow. I wasn't about to let all the little boys have all the fun. I talked them into letting me have a turn.....just to end up embarassing myself. All in good fun. This was part of the obstacle course and it was nearly impossible to get through the tires without losing your pants.
Daylon having a hard time as well. Him being tall makes it that much harder.This was Adam trying to cross the makeshift rope bridge. Benton making his way across the rope bridge. And once again his height gets in the way, he did good anyways. Ohhh, it's the volcavo. Yes that's right. Mix between a volcano and a cave. Thus, the volcavo. They are digging up dinosaur bones. Me and Daylon in the volcavo. The boys digging for what they call devil's fingernails, after much digging the camp staff realized they didn't even bury them so we all had to pretend and drop them in there when they weren't looking. They caught on, there not dumb. This was just day 1, we still have day 2 which was superhero theme. Stay tuned and you will have the pleasure of seeing all the other scout camp pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

That looks so fun, and since you participated so much with the boys, I was looking forward to seeing a picture of you with your pants around your ankles after the tires crawl! I feel disappointed! And if you're fat, I'm a massive tub! Where is your double chin? Where are your chubby cheeks? Where is your belly? I see none. When you post a picture that shows off some fat, I might believe you, but until then, you have lost the privilege of being a member of the "fat" club. I'm the president, so I have the right to revoke memberships. So there!

John-Maren Goodman said...

So can I be apart of the "fat" club too? I want to be vice president since I'm tiping the scales at 200lbs! I'm excited that you got to go camping big sis. hey do you guys still want to join in on the fun this weekend? John has to work so it's just me and his mom for the parade. Please...I need a little cushion with me. And the rodeo is always fun!

Rachel said...

Oh, man. I hereby claim the right to screen scary pictures of myself before they get blogged. WHY did you tell me I looked so good? Why didn't you warn me? I would at least have struck a stupid pose and stuck my gut out... Wait a minute...
I think we're covered.
Seriously, these are GREAT pics of the boys!! I am so glad you were smart and brought your camera. I never remember it for stuff like this.