CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rocky Hyrum Jolley

After all the days I tried and tried to have this lil guy early, the day I decided to let him come on his own, he surely did that. I hadn't had contractions at all yesterday, and I was getting ready for bed when my water broke. I have never had my water brake on it's own so it kind of freaked me out until I realized, I'm having a baby. About 5 minutes after my water broke, I got my first contraction and it was hard and very few minutes in between. I got to the hospital with in the hour and seriously had my epidural within 20 minutes after arriving to the hospital, which was a very good thing because within 30 minutes I was at an 8 and ten minutes later I was ready to deliver. Luckily with epidurals, you can kind of decide when to push so we were able to hold off until the doctor got there. My water broke at 11:00 pm and Rocky was born at 1:30 am. 2 1/2 hours of labor? I can't complain, by far my best and last childbirth. I'm in the hospital still and I don't have a cord to hook up my camera so your only getting the story today. I'll get some pictures put up tomorrow when I get home. Baby is doing great, other then he still hasn't let out a good cry, but his lungs are clear, he's breathing great, and he passed his hearing test so the Doctor and Nurses are clueless as to why he hasn't cried. I told them, he's just trying to be a really good baby for me. He weighed 5 lbs 14 oz, was 19 inches long and was born on March 28, 2009 at 1:30 am. He has basically NO hair and what hair he does have is kind of a strawerry blond. Not what I pictured him to look like, but still adorable to me. I'll admit, he isn't the cutest newborn to any of the outsiders, but to his mommy, he's precious. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Smartee said...

Congratulations Theresa! I can't wait to see pictures!

Cindi said...

Woo-hoo! Congratualations! Welcome Rocky Hyrum Jolly!

Cindi said...

Oops... sorry I spelled your last name wrong! Jolley! :D

Tiana Johnson said...

2 1/2 hours? Good thing you didn't have group B strep and need to be on antibiotics for 4 hours! Lucky you! Way to end the baby making! Such a finale! Hyatt didn't have a good cry either, so they poked and prodded and X-rayed and oxygened, and came to the conclusion that he was okay. Hyatt has just always been a quiet, minimal crier, and I'm grateful for that. And, I have yet to see a cute newborn. They need at least a day to look decent.

Tawni Williams said...

YEA!!! I'm so happy for you!! CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Mrs. Budge said...

I was just checking your blog to see if you had any updates and I was pleasantly surprised. Congratulations!! He looks beautiful and you look great as well. Let me know if you need anything.