CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day To Us!!!

Well, we unofficially decided we weren't going to do anything for Valentine's Day because Daylon and Rain were home this weekend and I didn't know who to ask to babysit so I settled for getting him a card and a small something and just staying home. Well Friday, the more I got to think of it, the more I realized we needed a date night. I can't even tell you when the last time was that just me and Darin got to go on a date. Starlett always accompanies us which directs all the attention to her instead of me and Darin being able to focus on each other. So I asked a neighbor girl if she wanted to babysit and she said yes so we decided we were going to go to dinner somewhere. Yes, as our luck has it, the babysitter called 3 hours before we were leaving to say she couldn't babysit. So I called every girl I know in the ward and after leaving 5 messages on answering machines, I decided to wait an hour to see if anyone called back. Only one did to say she couldn't babysit. So I was stumped. I didn't want to cancel our plans.....Then I remembered our good friends that use to live two doors down from us and Rain plays with there daughter Estefania and they have another little girl who is just a bit older then Star, so I called them and they said yes. So Rain and Star went there and Daylon stayed at a friends. I know you really didn't need to know all that, and most of you probably just skipped to the pictures, and that's all right. So we tried a new Mexican restaurant called El Matador. It was pretty good but the best part there was not even a minute wait...on Valentines Day, I was impressed. So the rest of our Valentines Day date was then going to Kohls, Darin got two pair of new shoes, and I got two Maternity Shirts (I hate buying maternity clothes and will probably return them). Then on to Best Buy to buy Darin a CD he's been wanting. BIG MISTAKE!!! Don't go to Best Buy when you love music and video games. Darin got 3 CD's, not 1 and Daylon and Rain have DS's and since I'm going to Oregon this weekend, I wanted to take one with me to entertain me on the trip so I went to see what DS games they had and ended up buying two. I probably won't even end up playing it but oh well at least if I don't, the kids got some new games out of it. So me and my Valentine had alot of fun together... ALONE. I love you Darin and couldn't imagine my life without you. You are the only person in the world that I would want for my Valentine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging - I love it when you do!!
~Mom~

The Not-a-hoes said...

Im jealous, every valentines something happens that we dont get to do anything.
This year we are both deathly sick...I woke up to a massive bloody nose that we couldnt get to stop. so there was blood everywhere and the rest of the day was just us dying in bed haha.
i did make david take me to walmart to buy me some chocolates tho. that was our valentines day :)
we will have to come up to see you before you leave so let us know what day you are home and want some company!

John-Maren Goodman said...

You have really enthusiastic looks on your faces! You must of not had very good food, or bad converstation! Love and miss you guys tons!

Tawni Williams said...

GIRLIE - We need to start swapping date nights - we'll watch your kids and vice versa! Sounds like you guys had a great time!! You look so cute.